Shimla and Beyond!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Himachal Pradesh » Shimla
March 2nd 2010
Published: March 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 1:

Our base camp was sec.15 Chandigarh. Since we had plans of leaving early in the morning we stayed overnight at Chetan's place. We started our journey at around 08:00 after gearing up our bikes and taking a light breakfast.It was a bit cold in the morning but not as chilly as we expected so our light jackets were sufficient. We were three of us (me, Chetan, Deepak) on two bikes (RE Bullet & Pulsar).Bullet was heavy 350cc bike so we decided to tie our all heavy luggage to it.

The ride upto the mountains was nice but it got really beautiful after crossing parwanoo. We were enjoying our bike rides.We stopped at various places in between our ride to enjoy the scenic beauty but our major stop was a camping site just before Solan.It was a beautiful place.The view ws just spectacular. We sat on top of a cliff and enjoyed our drinks with guitar. It was an awesome experience.We spend around three hours there and then move on for Shimla.

Ride upto Shimla after Solan was even spectacular with chill in the air increasing. It took around one & half hour for us to reach Shimla which was as expected bit crowdy to our like. We reached there at around 18:00 hrs. Chetan already knew which hotel we have to go so went there and took up a room, which was decent. So after refreshing up in the hotel we went out on foot to look around famous places in Shimla. We went to mall which had some old styled buildings and a beautiful church.Then we walked on the ridge.









I personally wanted to go to he Jakhu temple which was aroung 2 kms. walk from The Mall and at 8000 ft.but my dear friends niether had legs nor the guts to walk that uphill distance, so obviously we decided not to go.Afer that we walked for some more time on the mall road.Then we took our dinner at a resturant and head back to our hotel.

Day 2:

Next day we had plans to go to Kufri and we were expecting snow, so we asked our hotel manager about the route and the weather conditions there, and he said that it just had snowfall the last day and if we are lucky we might get some. So we sat on our bikes and head towards Kufri. The scenery was breathtaking and as we moved on there were snow on either side if the road which gradually kept on increasing as we neared Kufri.






For some reason we decided to go beyond Kufri upto Fagu and stop at Kufri while coming back but as we crossed Kufri the road got really slippery. So we rode very slowly and decided to stop at one snowy peak. Both my friends were as usual were very afraid to go up there, but once I was up there they follwed me. Up there we again enjoyed our guitar with drinks.


After about two hours we decided to head back to Kufri. And we have to hurry too because Chetan was behaving very vaguely after drinking. Road upto the snow point in Kuri was very dicey so we parked our bikes and walked upto a small resturant in Kufri. There we had our lunch, and there Deepak become a bit of celebrity by playing guitar for the crowd gathered there.




And there atlast we had snowfall. Listening to guitar in snowfall with drinks was hell of a experience. A thing that stayed with you for rest or your life. It was snowing when we were moving back to our hotel in Shimla giving us a awesome riding experience.We all thought what a good end of the day.., but there was some more to come. Deepak came up with a idea of watching movie, I agreed, we have to push Chetan but he agreed too. So we went to The Ritz, the only cinema hall, in Shimla and we watched "My Name Is Khan" again a great experience of watching movie in just 35 Rs.You can't get that nowadays do you! And that was the awesome end of the day!



Day 3:

It was a very sleepy day to start off with because we all know that we have to go back but we all knew that the thing that started has to end.So we sat on our bikes and head back to Chandigarh. But the planning was alreay on for the next tour.........Dharamshala.

So keep reading the blog....more adventures to come in April!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0988s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb