Jogginder-Naggar


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Himachal Pradesh » Mandi
July 2nd 2007
Published: July 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Another day, another local bus journey!! This time leaving the sticky heat for slightly cooler climbs - we were heading up again, this time to Jogginder-Naggar (say it with a rolling tongue!), so that we could catch the 7.20am 'toy-train' the following morning.

There is only one hotel in Jogginder-Naggar, it is recommended by the tourist board and described as a very comfortable and luxurious, but still quite cheap... Hmm, not quite what we were expecting and we were a little disappointed, but also quite amused to find that the hotel was much like a crumbling school building - huge open hallways with bars on the window and all the room keys hanging on board behind reception - we were the only ones there!

The town is fairly non-descript, just the bus and train station at one end and the one street with shops either side, we didn't venture out as no sooner had we checked-in our stomaches started to gurgle, and the 'dilli's' had caught up with us again! Uh-oh, but don't worry, we recovered pretty quick... more rehydration salt's anyone!?

We had the worst nights sleep ever - the hotels extra airflow system (that's hole's in the wall and ceiling to you and me) allowed a whole host of free-loaders to share our room for the night; creepy crawlies, mozzies, moths and one multi-legged wotsit with a glow-in-the-dark bum! There was also a huge pi-dog fight in the hallway... We lay away and looked forward to our "Choo-choo!" the following morning... Sorry no photo's this time - but may add some later with any weird and wonderful creatures we see along the way!?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0443s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb