Trip to Kasauli


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Himachal Pradesh » Kasauli
April 11th 2007
Published: April 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Timer Trail ResortTimer Trail ResortTimer Trail Resort

Timer Trail Resort, at Parwanoo.
This weekend myself and my wife planned to chill out at kasauli. We decided to drive down there covering Timber trail also at Parwanoo which falls enroute. We started off at 7:30 in the morning from our house at Panchkula, so as to reach while its still pleasent. We were at Timber Trial around 8:15. Timer trial is famous for two things...its resort and cable car that take you up through dangerous yet beautiful valley to the hill top, where there are cottages and another resort.
But the cable car was supposed to start at 9:00 AM for the public. At first we were thinking of postponing this stop but later decided to experience it. The weather was extremely pleasant and there were not a single tourist like us , atleast at that point of time, over there. Only guests staying at the resort could be seen. We had a look at the resort which has been beautifully constructed. At 9 we bought the tickets which costed Rs300 each, with the anticipation of having some adventure we went ahead with that. It was only later that we found out that it wasn't worth for that amount. Travelling in cable car
Church of England, kasauliChurch of England, kasauliChurch of England, kasauli

Church of England, kasauli
was anything but adventorous. Also at the Hill top it wasn't that encouraging.
The views of Hills and planes from the top were no doubt very pictureseque but this anyway is what we were going for to our next stop-kasauli.
We came down around 11:30 and started our journey towards kasauli. To reach kasauli we had to take left from Dharampur chowk and we were at kasauli entrance at around 12:15. There one has to take the entry ticket and compulsory parking charges, which authorizes one to park anywhere in the town. Just after passing the barracade one hs option to go left-to Lower mall road or towards right-to upper mall road.We took left and were infront of the Church of England. We decided to first locate some Hotel, have a Lunch and then begin exploring Kasauli.
All the hotels are lined up on the lower mall road, and none of them was availiable for less then 1000 bucks. I suppose that was due to the long weekend that happened at that time,otherwise rates are not taht much high.
We didn't wanted to spend so much on boarding just to have a one night sleep so we decided to look for some guest house. After gathering information from localites we zeroed in on a guest house at the end of the Main bazaar for 400 bucks. The guest house owner told that they normally rent out their room for 150-200 bucks but due to heavy intake of tourists in the valley they are making few bucks out there. He also told us that monkey point, a major tourist attraction at Kasauli , will be closed by 4:30PM. It was 1:30 by then, we get freshed and decided to goto monkey point and had our Lunch over there .
To reach monkey point one has to pass through the Air force station and walk (rather climb) for 2 kms to reach monkey top. We parked our car outside the main gate of Air Force, left our mobiles in the car as they are not allowed inside and, started toward monkey point. It was a very steep climb and took us 45 mins to reach top. we worshipped there offered our parsad. By that time I was starving, and started eating parsad as if its my main course menu. After getting a hard look from my wife, I decided to control my hunger till we reach the town again. In the town we visited church spent some time on the mall road and reached our room around 5. We went to sleep immediately, woke up at 7:30, went outside, had our dinner in the dhaba at the main bazaar (Sher-e-punjab is best out there- yummy Aaloo Parantha was just so delicious) and did some shopping and returned to have a sleep.
In the morning we had a plan to visit SunRise point but to our astonishment Sun had not waited for us to get up and was already shining brightly till the time we woke up. We did our breakfast, some shopping of shawls and suits and then were just strolling here and there, found one place with a beautiful view of hills and plains. we were sitting there for very long and started our journey back home at around 12'O Clock.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb