Top 10 Romantic Lakes in Himachal Pradesh


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Himachal Pradesh » Dharamsala
April 17th 2018
Published: April 17th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Travellers have so many choices when they are visiting Himachal and a large number of lakes come on their way. But few of the lakes have so much to offer like boating, fishing, swimming, and strolling by the lake. Some of the very famous lakes that attract a great number of tourists are explained below:

Dal Lake

The calm and beautiful, Dal Lake is filled with green water and it is surrounded by the rugged mountains and deodar trees. September is the month when many tourists visit this quaint lake because a fair is organized during this time.

Chandratal Lake

Very well-known as the moon lake, Chandratal Lake is a crescent-shaped basin, surrounded by the huge Himalayan Mountain range on all of its sides. Situated at an elevation of 14100 feet, the lake was a short break time for the traders who used to come all the way from Tibet or Ladakh.

Gobind Sagar Lake

The fantastic man made a reservoir, Gobind Sagar’s source is the hydel dam at Bhakra. Perched at an elevation of around 225 m above its lowest foundations, the Lake attracts a large number of tourists every year. The lake is built on the Bhakra Dam and it was gifted to the nation by Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru on November 20th, 1963.

Khajjiar Lake

Lying in the lap of Snow-covered Himalayas, Khajjiar Lake is one of the most beautiful lakes in Himachal. Located at an elevation of 1920 from sea level, Khajjiar Lake is surrounded by Cedar Forest. The small water streams come out from the Himalayas are the source of this beautiful Lake.

Manimahesh Lake

If tourists want to spend a quality time for a couple of hours then Manimahesh Lake it the perfect retreat for them. Also known as Dal Lake, Manimahesh Lake is located at an elevation of 4080 m from sea level on Pir Panjal Lake.

Nako Lake

A refreshing and serene lake located amidst the gigantic mountains, Nako Lake is amazingly beautiful and is surrounded by poplar trees and a Buddhist temple. It is a small reservoir which is a charming beauty nestled on the mystic land of Himalayas.

Parashar Lake

Located amidst the Dhauladhar ranges in Kullu, Parashar Lake is a Charismatic beauty, which is visited by thousands of tourists every year. This serene lake is also popular for housing a three-storied temple which is located on the bank of this lake.

Bhrigu Lake

Nestled in Kullu District of Himachal Pradesh, Bhrigu Lake is a paradise which is commonly known as the “pool of the god”. Situated at a breathtaking elevation of 4235 m from sea level, this lake attracts a large number of visitors every year.

Maharana Pratap Sagar Lake

Famous for its stunning look, Maharana Pratap Dam is a man-made reservoir, which was built in 1960 on Beas River. The Dam leads to form a beautiful beautiful lake where a couple can enjoy boating or can simply stroll by the bank of the lake.

Pandoh Lake

A major attraction for nature lovers, Pandoh Lake offers water-rafting, camping, and scenic vistas to its visitors. The major source of the Pandoh Lake is the Pandoh Dam which comes under the administration of Bhakra Beas Management Board.

People who are planning to visit Himachal should definitely include these lakes on their bucket list. Book one of your favourable Himachal Pradesh Tourism Packages and explore some of the undefined charms of Himachal.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0365s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb