Chamba Valley Himachal Pradesh.


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Himachal Pradesh » Chamba Valley
April 27th 2006
Published: April 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Chamba : Chamba is the most attractive and ideal valley for various types of tourism. It is situated at 996mts in the bosoms of the Himalayan Mountains on the bank of the Ravi River and is known for its scenic beauty, landscapes. the valley has its own cultural heritage with rich art and culture due to cool climate and peace atmosphere, considerable flow of tourist from all parts of country and abroad poured into the valley to see its glamour. conjures up picture of distant land known for enchanting folklore unspoiled life style and cultural heritage, at once, unique and abundant. The landscape with its rugged beauty beckons the restless spirit. “Chamba -des-achambha” goes the saying above the town of Chamba,”if you come here for a day you spend a full month”. The town sprawls lazily over a big plateau under the pine covered Shah Madar hill on the right bank of Ravi and nestles in the care of snow laden mountains. The plateau of Chamba is divided in two extensive terraces. Mighty and majestic palaces mark this division on the outer edge of upper plain, bringing into view their splendor from the down town Chougan which unrolls as a grassy carpet somewhere in the middle of the town.

Bazaars flank this green and we overlook the blue stream of Ravi encircling and flowing past the town. We can behold the tiny villages in their natural setting of fields far beyond. Chamba presents a continuous pattern of blue -grey roof-tops if you view this town from Chamunda temple located on the southern spur of Shah-Madar hill. Interspersed among the houses and shops are the ancient temples; their lofty spires making the godly presence felt, urging the devout to bow his head with reverence. Lanes converge on the cross-roads, winding as they do they touch the entry point of every house.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Chamba Millennium Gate (CMG)Chamba Millennium Gate (CMG)
Chamba Millennium Gate (CMG)

Chamba Completed its 1000 year in 2006, 14 April
Chamba Traditional DressChamba Traditional Dress
Chamba Traditional Dress

There Dresses are Used by the Dasi of Raja and Maharajas of Chamba Kingdom. Very Nice dresses.
ChambaChamba
Chamba

View of the stairs feils where from the fog come up
Chamba celebrating 1000 yearsChamba celebrating 1000 years
Chamba celebrating 1000 years

View of the stage from the famous hotel of Chamba Hotel Aroma Palace


27th April 2006

Very interesting, and especially loved the pictures! Keep it up! Kusum

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0581s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb