Volunteer in India as a family


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Haryana » Gurgaon
May 7th 2014
Published: May 7th 2014
Edit Blog Post

India is one of the preferred volunteering destinations in the world. Maybe because it is a hot base for volunteers to experience rich culture, diversity and explore unique volunteering opportunities. A lot of families are going India bound for this reason. Apart from the travel incentive, a trip to India as a family, gives the family a chance to perform as a group and in developing empathy towards needy, leadership and other social skills.




As a family, volunteering together has uncountable benefits. If you have kids, they can gain tremendously by participating in different volunteering activities. Your kids can work around the project site, help kids in the project, or merely play with them. All the members of the family can learn about and experience diverse cultures, language, human behavior etc. and at the same time such experience will bring your family closer to each other.




What my Family will do in India?




1. Countless Volunteering Opportunities:- In India, there are many community programs in which volunteering help is required. Your family members can take care of orphans, teach street children, train any skills to women etc. Also, the kids from volunteer family can share their stories and education experience with the community people so it will be beneficial for both.




2. Diverse Cultural Experience: As a volunteer you get the opportunity to meet new people from different cultures, get to speak a new language, try different cuisine and experience a totally different living style . While working with them you discover some amazing ways of interaction, which helps you to build a bond with community people and also brings a great learning experience for your family members.



3. Travel Opportunity: India is scenic delight for the volunteers, at one side they can see the deserted islands of Rajasthan and on the other forested hills of the Himalaya. Its also rich in its cultural history which you can easily explore by visiting many of the famous monuments like Taj Mahal, fatehpur sikri in Agra and Qutub Minar or Lal Quila in Delhi.



Now you know why volunteering in India as a family is a good idea. So go ahead and make a difference in somebody’s life and teach compassion to your kids!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.089s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb