goa magic


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa
March 16th 2013
Published: March 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

10 little hours floating through the clouds, not even a day away and you land in a surreal magical charming coutry, a whole different world than ours. when you travel to other coutrys especially this unfamilar place, your awarness is heightned and you start to notice every little detail because your trying to understand and make sense of everything going on aroud you. the person you are at home in your own enviroment becomes less important and less central to your new journey for 4 weeks you become an observer and this is the best country to do that, in india you have freedom, the opportunity to look at another culture, to see the world from another view point, to see youself as someone foreign and have an adventure. you are exposed from this moment of stepping of the plane to heart stopping beauty, horrific derivation and you are challenged to accept and understand that this symbolises the world and that world is composed of both. india chucks you out of your little bubble and charms you into their ways of life their amazing culture and geuine faith. its a place where you forget how long time felt when you was saving somewhat of £2500 to see it and your in a place where they have no care for time, a place where its as if time doesnt exsist.

from the taxi driver at the airport you fall in love with india, he is a man that symblises what is so charming about this place, he is so proud, proud of his family so eager to tell you about them and how he works some 19 hour shifts to save for them to go to school, so proud of his faith; like all taxi drivers he had his hindi god lite up on his dashboard, his orange string hanging from his mirror and a picture of his god on the wheel, proud of his country pointing out the landmarks on the way. what this man and most indians earn is less than what we pay for our rent a month, they work hard long hours yet yourll find their smiles contagesis, from the children selling fruit on the beach as young as five walking up and down the beach miles a day to earn around £6 a day risking being wipped by the poilce and have their stuff and money taken away and if they escape this their parents take the money anyway yet they smile, through the dusty red side side streets and in their worn out clothes, under the manes of dark hair you can just see the stricking white smiles of the street children raised, sleeping and eating on the side of the streets. you strart then to understand why they have so much faith, they have nothing compared to yourself your purse may be fuller but you start to question wether your heart is: their hearts are full to the brim of faith, pride and love. they are not resistfull of our differences they are as curious as you as you are about them they want to know you and welcome you, they are some of the warmest people in the world.

india has a rawness about it, nothing is fake nothing or nobody claims to be anything they arent but strive so hard to be everything they can. they are the true pioneers of make do and mend. with no benfits and rich familys to fall back on their hard work is something for everyone to learn from.

their is so much to do in india from its amazling coloured markets both day and night, the buzz and atmosphere of the night market is hard to match with beautiful people from all over the world, spice and sarhi stalls to cockail stalls and house music djs plotted up with crowds of people dancing the night away under the lite up starry sky. white beaches with palm trees shading the shacks serving beautiful araomatic indian food and any cocktail you could wish to sip and the choice of beaches is never ending wethere you want quiet, paradise, waersports, music, massages on your sunlounger or temples and statues towering over the coastline, and if its atmosphere you wat anjuna beach is the place to be as the sunsets and the ambient house music plays the beachsellers start to go home and the sunloungers get put away to create a clear beach and playground for thousands of hippies and as the moon is in full show lighting up the sea and the music getting louder and harder it becomes a massive party for all to join you can rave to your hearts content or just drink and chat to all different characters from over the world all together to do the same thing, its easy to lose your night and find yourself still sitting on the beach a sunset where the dolphins come out to play in the sea.if your going to see the sunrise that way you must at least get up early once in india to watch it on the beach ,the walk to the beach is magical, the children playing before they have to go out to work, the women setting up their stalls the cows roaming in the middle of the road before the swam of rickshaws and motorbikes on the and the sound of the horns that is overwhelming (Here cows are everywhere! Because the cow is respected as a sacred animal, it's allowed to roam unharmed, and they are pretty used to the traffic and the rhythm of the strees often causing you to stuuck in your taxi in cow jams, drivers would hit a human to avoid at allharming the sacreed cow. So, you can see them roaming the streets in towns and cities, grazing unmindfully on the roadside grass verges and munching away the vegetables thrown out by street sellers. Stray and homeless cows are also supported by temples and village people.), the smell of the josh sticks that the hinduis light everymorning in offerings to their gods surrounds you its all you can smell before it blends into the strong muskys smells of the spices from the beautifully rich coloured spice stalls in the day. theres nothing sweeter in all aspects than getting to know the locals and sitting on the beach with the early morning breeze and peace drinking a pot of chi with the shack ladies.

its a place where you need to get lost at least once just to see some exciting off track views and the true indian life, see their villages and ask to visit their temples and schools, its a country where you can learn so much about others and use it to better yourself and apperiate what you have.

the temples offer a place where you can feel their trust and hope in their gods and with well over hundred different gods their are no shortages off colourfully painted temples with flowers and incense sticks constantly being brought in offering and you can join in with it buying flowers to offer to the gods of the beautiful old ladies outside with as many lines on their faces as streets walked selling their flowers to feed their familys.



your free to roam anywhere here and off the baten track in aranbol into the jungle behind the backwaters is a fasniating place to explore coming across groups of hippies playing instrments offering fruit flowers and incense to gods they sit around in circle soaking in the peace and shade of the beating sun, unititing in nothing but peace none of them speak the same lanuage but they all hear the same musics the same bird songs and exchange smiles in way of commucation.


Additional photos below
Photos: 59, Displayed: 27


Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0592s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb