Goa


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Palolem
December 26th 2010
Published: December 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Just spent my 21st and Christmas in Palolem beach in Goa.
Its absolutely fabulous here, well worth the agonising 30 hours of trains, planes, jeeps and rickshaws that it took to get here.

We're staying in cute little beach huts right on the beach and wake up the sound of the ocean each morning.
The weather here is tropical and warm. A complete contrast from the freezing cold we just left.
We welcomed in Christmas day and my birthday with fireworks on the beach, a bottle of wine and a semi- melted ice-cream cake with a single candle that the guy running the beach huts thoughtfully brought out for me at midnight.

Yesterday we woke up and enjoyed a run on the beach and a quick dip in the ocean before having a huge breakfast at a local cafe of grilled tofu and mixed veg on delicious toasted brown bread, and of course a slice of birthday cake to celebrate, whilst we opened all my birthday presents.

(Thanks to everyone for the gifts by the way!! I'm wearing my 'thundies' as I type)

We spent the rest of the day kayaking around the islands and relaxing on the beach before having a Goan style fish curry for dinner. Very tasty.

Have found a fantastic Ashtanga teacher right near where we're staying so we're thinking of sticking around for a bit to enjoy the yoga and the sun.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1317s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb