TK and Beef are born


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Palolem
October 17th 2008
Published: October 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

When we arrived at Palolem at 8.30am, we felt the wow factor.
By far the cleanest of all the Goa beaches we have seen and the most spectacular. The whole beach is fridged by palm trees and the sea is still and blue.
This is definatly part of the back packers trail, westerners everywhere wearing aladdin pants(chaveller style)
After a day of sunbaking, we got ready to experience our first night out.
Its still out of season here, so lots of bars are still being built.
We ended up in a 24hr beach front bar called cocktails and dreams. As we were sat minding our own business, an Indian guy called Sandjai(like from eastenders with gita-his words) approached us. He spoke like he was Alli G, and kept saying init. He was quite a character and make me laugh at his hidious attempts to speak cockney rhyming slang.
Next thing I know, we are playing and paying for a game of pool with him, which lead to me buying him drinks as he had no money and he had given me a huge sob story about his parents that have died and how he is selfharming. I am a sucker. They must see me coming...
Next thing I know, Sandjai sits down and says he has ordered food and do I mind its on our tab. I went mental.. Cheeky buggar.
My telling him off for been rude, led to him getting emotional and we had a weird falling out like brothers and sisters would do. Only in Goa..

Made friends with a couple from Birmingham, Keirran a record producer from London, more isralies(they are everywhere). And all ended up having a fun night together.
As I left the bar at 5am with Cat and Keirran, I remember a hazy version of Sandjai running after me, saying 'Catherine.. wait for me.. Pretending to cry.. And falling onto the sand sobbing about his parents..
This is gonna be an interesting week..

Each day we get up, and have breakfast at one of the many amazing restaurants. My favourite is the German bakery for breakfast and Casa Fiesta for dinner. The Blue planet do a powerful liver cleanse shake if your organs need a good detox.
Then we spend the day lounging on the beach in 35degrees heat and swimming in the sea when we get to sweaty.
We discovered another bar called Cuba-which is quite cool. One night we found two wicked Irish guys Dennis and Kevin. They've been travelling the world over the last ten yrs and lived in Oz. We've hung out together for the last few days and met some of their English friends.

The funniest coincidence was bumping into Rob from our flight. He is down here with his mate Martin.
We met them at Cafe Del Mar opening night on the beach front. Martin has a larger than life personality and was wearing a t-shirt that said 'what goes on tour, goes on facebook.' Very funny guy..
Cat must have told them our room number, as the following morning the door burst open and in rang Martin bundleing us. We fully pooped out pants.. haa... And all went to breakfast feeling rough as.
Martin has kindly given us new nick names. Cat is beef-due to her handburger T-shirt she likes to wear. And Im TK, due to my large over sized sunglasses from TK Maxx...

After the fun, sun and holiday shenanigans of the last 7 days, I am fully ready to quit smoking and drinking again.. Detox time..
Getting very excited-especially when Stephen comes out to see me for crimbo.. whoop whoop..


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb