Palolem


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Palolem
October 14th 2008
Published: October 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So here we are in lovely Palolem, and after a few days of quietness and serious sightseeing we were more than ready to cut loose again. ( which we managed too quite successfully). After a few hours looking around we finally got into our accomodation and i took a much need snooze as have had insommnia for a few days. We then went out and proceeded to get absolutely twatted with a bunch of guys from Birmingham and few Israelis. Since being in india i have met so many Israelis, most of whom are massive stoners and although nice, im not interested in being involved in any discussions about god and jews and the like. Most of them stop talking to me when i mentioned that i though Israli was the national language when apparently its Hindi ( i think). Apparnetly this is a very dumb thing to say and coupled with me saying i dont beleive in god or jesus, manages to keep them clear of my table at any rate.
Palolem being a bit of a party place there are loads of backpackers all looking to have a great time so we ended up completely sloshed, swimming fully clothed in the sea at about 7 in the morning. This was great fun until i had to do the walk of shame back to the apartment, dripping wet. Earlier in the day we had gone to the yoga centre to ask about classes and had arranged to go to the 8am morning class. The guy running it was very serious about the importance of yoga and healthy living and who should appear on teh balcony when i was trudging home pissed out of my head, dripping wet with no shoes but him! the look of disgust said it all and im sure he wasnt surprised when i was a no show at the class a mere 45 minutes later. Every day we have been in Palolem since then has been like groundhog day as i have attempted to repeat the above every single night, culminating in last nights marathon mission of 7pm -11am, helped along by countles beers and 5 valiums. Note to self: singing along to ipod music at 5am on the beach and chatting absolute gibberish to the fisherman whilst helping, or hindering pushing their boat out is never going to endear you to the locals.
Anyway, we love it here and are having a cracking time so staying for a few more days and going on a boat trip tomorrow and maybe hiring scooters the next day. Watch out indian motorists!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb