Travel Blog #4 B5


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Assam » Jorhat
November 21st 2013
Published: November 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

What is the dominant religion in India, and how does this faith differ from Christianity?

There are plenty of religions to follow on this Earth; however, which one a person chooses is totally up to them. The steadily rising religion now-a-days is Christianity. This religion has been around for quite a time, but popular religions have and will keep on shifting over time because of the diversity among all the possible religions a person can have. For example, the most popular religions in India right now do not include Christianity.

The dominant religions in India currently are Hinduism and Islam. These two religions make up over half of India's religious beliefs. In Hinduism, Hindus worship one or more Gods, believe in reincarnation, meditate a lot to achieve self peace, and celebrate the holidays Diwali and Holi. In Islam, muslims praise Allah and pray to him as Christians would to Jesus. The difference between these two religions and Christianity is that Hinduism and Islam focus more on self peace and meditation and praying. Christianity focuses more on celebrating Jesus and all of the wonderful things he did and continues to do.

http://censusindia.gov.in/Census_And_You/religion.aspx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb