Top Places to Visit in Arunachal Pradesh


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Arunachal Pradesh
March 30th 2020
Published: March 30th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Arunachal Pradesh is a mountainous region located in the north-eastern part of the country. It is a holy place for Buddhist tourists. The state is renowned as the Orchid State of India. Some people also regard it as Paradise of the Botanists. There is an abundance of beauty in this lively state. Some places are so irresistible you will not be able to leave once after staying for a few days. October to April is the best month for tourists to wander on the land of Arunachal Pradesh. You can try trekking, rafting, camping and a lot more things during your stay.

1) Tawang

It is located at an elevation of 3,048 meters to the eastern side of Bhutan. This place is popular as the birthplace of the sixth Dalai Lama. There are many breath-taking places to visit in Tawang which will revitalize your soul and captivate your heart with natural beauty. It’s the home of a 400 years old Monastery. If you are dreaming of visiting Tawang then a few places are worth going where you will feel calm. This town is 183 km from Bomdila. The essence of spirituality keeps flowing in the winds of this town.

2) Taktsang Gompa

Meditation is one of a kind way to isolate yourself from worldly stress and tensions. It is a sacred place for the tourists. Many people come here to meditate and get familiar with Buddhist culture. The monastery is the second largest in Asia. It is spread in the area of 135 sq.km. The surrounding environment entices tourists with the lofty mountains and the dense coniferous forest. The flow of wind and your heartbeat, these are the only sounds that you can expect during your visit to Taktsang Gompa.

3) Sela Pass

This tourist spot is located at a height of 13,700 ft. The views from this place always seem enticing especially during winter. The snow-covered mountains and everything around this place presents beautiful scenery to observe. It is situated between the border of Tawang and West Kameng district. It is open throughout the year for the tourists. You can visit Sela Pass between November and May.

3) Nuranang WaterFall

The lake is less popular in Arunachal Pradesh. It is away from the Jang town with just 2 Km so people also called it Jang Falls. The water descends from the height of around 100 meters from the Seal Pass. The waterfall got famous when the shooting of a Bollywood song was going on which featured Madhuri Dixit. At the base of this fall, you can find the hydel plant. It is generating electricity for the surrounding area.

4) Madhuri Lake

Madhuri Lake is better known as Sangestar Tso Lake among the people. It was formed after the earthquake that came in 1950. It was renamed after Madhuri Dixit who came there for the shooting of her Koyla movie. In winter, this Lake freezes and the sun rays falling on the icy surface looks quite astonishing. It is at a height of 3,708 meters from the sea level. For the photographers, this place is offering many picturesque views to capture in your camera.

Arunachal Pradesh's government has put strict laws for domestic and foreign tourists. Domestic tourists will have to get the Inner Line Permit (ILP). The government grants a Protected Area Permit (PAP) to foreigners. This state has many other tourist destinations such as Jumla Pass, Jaswant Garh, Tawang War Memorial, Gorsam Chorten, and so on. Bless yourself because very few can reach all the tourist destinations of the pristine state of Arunachal Pradesh.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.297s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0615s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb