Not that Hydera....Bad, ba boom boom tsh!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Andhra Pradesh » Hyderabad
April 12th 2008
Published: April 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Cereal at last!Cereal at last!Cereal at last!

Amazing how creative you can be when you're deperate for cereal!!
We made it to Hyderabad, the capital of Andra Pradesh and a city with a lot of islamic inflences - a fantastic change of scenery and loads of interesting architecture!

Dan - For some reason every bloody lodge in the city was full, dragging a backpack around the city in 40oC heat isn't the greatest fun, 'But he who dares Rodders, He who Dares', with a bit of persistance we managed to get a lodge manager to bung us in a four bed family room for the price of a double (think he felt sorry for our sweatty, tired, greasy, dirty sorry arses) and to top it all off the room had 24 hour hot water !!!! Yes, our first hot shower since we got to India !!! bosh !!!

Nic - as if it wasn't hot enough already??..odd boy! I stuck to the cold ones, while Dan had 3 hotties a day!!

Anyway, the main part of the city was hot and busy but seemed really different from anywhere else we'd been, it was still really run down but there was a certain elegance in the balconies that were almost hanging off and the wooden trimmings that were mostly collapsed!! The Islamic style buildings were quite awe inspiring too!

From here we headed to Visag on the East coast, which is where we are now. We arrived at 6am and for some reason couldn't find anywhere for breakfast (despite walking for about 3 miles along the coast - whoever heard of a coastal town without beachfront restaurants??!) It suddenly occured to me that we could get some cereal and milk from the shop we'd passed and we made a makeshift bowl from and empty water bottle (thanks to the leatherman yet again, thanks Mick!) and had the best breakfast yet...we found Kellogs cornflakes with banana for Dan, and muesli for me...yummy!!!

Dan - We are now waiting for our train to Kolkotta tonight, this means that we have completed our tour of the south a week early however we plan to use this week to pop over the border from Darjeeling to Nepal, where we should be for Nic's Birthday, once back from there we will continue with the north. can't wait to get to Darjeeling by the Himalaya's because I think this will be my spirtual home snow capped mountains, fresh air, wildlife, and a whole lot more.

So until next time

xxxxxxx




Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Hyderabads general hospitalHyderabads general hospital
Hyderabads general hospital

Not a bad place to recooperate ey??!!


14th April 2008

Good Old Kelloggs!!!
Glad you were both able to find some breakfast cereal, Dan must have been having withdrawal symptoms. Love the new outfits, look really cool and comfortable. Be careful on those dodgy buses and find some crash helmets for the motorbikes - you are giving us nightmares!!! Lots of love xxxxxxx
14th April 2008

nice suit
Hi to both seems you are having a great time doing lots of traveling what a great experiance seeing the turtels. Dan be patient with the shopping it was worth the wait it suits nic and looks cool. Did try to send more than 1` pic of the snow and B A BUT MUST HAVE PUSH THE RONG KEY. Keep safe and looking after oneanother lots of love DAD XXX

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0281s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb