JYOTIRLINGA TOUR OF AN OLD COUPLE (9)


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Andhra Pradesh » Hyderabad » New Santoshnagar
October 5th 2009
Published: October 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

JYOTIRLINGA TOUR OF AN OLD COUPLE (9)

19th JULY, 2009 - SUNDAY

In the evening we have taken the assistance of a Guide and went on visiting the important places in Mt. Abu. Mt.Abu is a very small place and the most important places to be seen are Dilwara Temple complex, Brahmakumaris’ Om Shanti Mandir and other temples and a lake. The town Mt.Abu was formed around Nakki Lake, which is believed to have been dug out by the Gods with their nails. We requested the Guide first to take us to Dilwara Temple Complex and from there to Brahmakumaris and later to other places. He accordingly took us to Dilwara Temple Complex and left us at the entrance gate. Guides are not allowed inside the temple complex. There are temple Guides who take batches of tourists inside and explain the details of the Temple Complex.

DILWARA TEMPLE COMPLEX - HISTORY AND DETAILS.












The Dilwara temples are considered as masterpieces of Indian Architecture and are visited by thousands of tourists across the globe. This is a place of worship for Jain Pilgrims. The temple walls depict the life history of Lord Krishna. One can see beautiful marble works and architecture brilliance at these five legendary temples which are very sacred to Jain Pilgrims






The ornamental details minutely carved over the ceilings, doorways, pillars and on the statues is simply marvelous. They match the beauty of Belur Temple in Karnataka. The Temple Guide informed that for Jain Pilgrims facilities are available for bathing and performing Puja and Japam.



DOMED CEILING BEAUTIFULLY CARVED, Mt. Abu, Rajasthan, India

There are five temples in the complex which are known as :

(a) Shri Adi Nathji temple dedicated to the first Jain Tirthankar Lord Rishabh Nath.
(b) Shri Neminathji temple dedicated to the 22nd Jain Tirthankr Lord Neminath
(c) Shri Rishabha Devji temple dedicated to Tirthankar Rishabh Nath
(d) Shri Parshva Nathji temple dedicated to 23rd Jain Tirthankar Lord Parshva Nath
(e) Shri Mahavir Swamiji Temple dedicated the last Jain Tirthankar Lord Mahavir.

The first two temples are most famous among the five. The Ranga Mandapam in the first temple is a grand hall supported by pillars with a breathtaking central dome. In the Second Temple there are 10 beautiful marble elephants. The third temple houses an idol weighing 108 maunds (about 40 quintals) according to the inscription there. The outer walls of the sanctum comprise of beautiful sculptures depicting dikpalakas, Vidhyadevis, Yakshinis, Salabhanjikas and other decorative sculptures comparable to the ones in Khajuraho and Konark - of course, not erotic. The fifth temple is an ordinary one without much architectural beauty. The Temple Guide explained that whereas the first four temples are built by Kings, the fifth one was built by workers out of waste material obtained on constructing the other temples. After visiting all these temples, the Temple Guide requested for a small donation for the benefit of the workers as no separate fees are charged from the pilgrims. The temple premises was kept very neat and the sanctity is preserved by the maintenance staff.
From there as requested by us, our Guide took us to the Om Shanti Mandir of Brahmakumaris. The Om Shanti Mandir is located at an elevated place in the midst of a beautiful garden developed by the Brahmakumaris. There is a Peace Park consisting of one of the most beautiful Gardens in the country developed by the Brahma Kumaris. As Cars are not allowed inside the compound, we parked the car on the road opposite the Shanti Mandir. We slowly climbed the steps and reached the entrance to the Mandir where a number of spiritual persons were sitting. The Guide informed them that we are from Andhra Pradesh and from the Spiritual Preachers sitting, a Preacher knowing Telugu accompanied us and took us inside the Mandir. The Mandir consisted of a big hall without any pillars, which can accommodate upto 3,500 people. Chairs are fixed to the ground and there is a big Stage from where spiritual discourses are delivered. The Spiritual Preacher in a nutshell explained in Telugu the concept of Brahmakumaris’ philosophy. There is no bar of caste and creed to follow the path of Brahmakumaris way of life and learning the Raja Yoga way of Prana Yamam taught by them.
The Brahmakumaris believe in Hindu Gods and explain that the ultimate aim is to reach the presence of Lord Lakshmi Narayana. They are mostly service minded. They point out the inconsistencies in the Hindu Scriptures in their own fashion. According to them Lord Buddha preached Bouddham after about 250 years of establishment of Islam by Ibrahim; After 250 years of Buddha, Jesus Christ propagated Christiniasm and after 500 years Adi Sankaracharya established Advaitam and preached Karma Sanyasam. After another hundred years, Mohammad Saheb established Mahammadeeya religion. According to them each Yugam consisted of only 1250 years; and the cycle of four Yugas is for a period of 5000 years. They claim presently we are in the fourth and last stage of Kaliyugam i.e., in the last 300 years of total 1250 years of Kaliyuga period. They believe Raja Yogam confers the Sanctity of Soul (Atma Pavitrara) and Ashta Saktis, which lead to peace of mind and a place in the world of Sri Lakshmi Narayana. The sequence and the time limits appear to be quite contrary to historically recorded facts. If these spans of years of Yugams are believed, then Dwaparayugam was from 300 BC to 1000 AD. Which means Buddha, Maurya Chandra Gupta, Chanakya should belong to Dwapara Yugam. However, in short, this is the belief of Brahma Kumaris. Of course, I might not have brought fully their concept with my limited and half baked knowledge. I apologise for the same.
Raja Yoga Meditation, as explained by them, is a method of relaxing, refreshing and clearing the mind and heart. It helps one to look inside to rediscover and reconnect with one’s original, spiritual essence. Meditation enables an integration of one’s spiritual identity with the social and physical realities around us, restoring a functional and healthy balance between one’s inner and outer worlds.
A locked box is kept in the Hall. The preacher stated that one can write his own durgunas on a chit and put it in the Box and periodically they burn the chits wishing that the durgunas of the persons are burnt for ever. A similar concept shown in the old movie Banda Ramudu. Finding that my wife is unable to walk and climb the steps the preacher on his own requested me to bring the car to the entrace of the Shanti Mandir, a fine gesture.
From there the Guide took us to other places of interest such as Nakki Lake, Toad Rock (a huge rock carved by nature overhanging the Nakki Lake and appears as if diving into the lake), Arbuda Devi Temple (Durga); one has to climb 300 steps and hence we offered our prayers from the car itself, Raghunathji temple, etc. All seen from the car itself without going into the premises and returned to the Hotel by 8-30 p.m. (There will be sun light upto 8 p.m in this part of the country in this period). Next day morning we vacated the Hotel and started our onward journey by 7-45 a.m.
OM TAT SAT OM TAT SAT OM TAT SAT

RAGHAVARAO U.V.G.V. DUGGIRALA,
HYDERABAD, Dt.17th SEPTEMBER, 2009.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb