Day 2 Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
July 28th 2017
Published: August 1st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Up and about early, we had breakfast at "Number One Coffee". Clem ordered a "Chai Latte" for me but the girl heard "Soy latte" - needless to say I couldn't drink it as I don't like the taste of coffee, Breakfast was very good though and she replaced it with a cup of tea, and wouldn't accept any payment for it.

We went on the "Big Bus Tour", we paid for the deluxe package which was two days plus a night tour ( the night tour is not hop on, hop off like the day. There were three lines, Blue around Kowloon, Green and Red around Hong Kong Island. By buying the deluxe package we got express check in on the "Peak Tram", which was great as the queques for this were so long, free "Star Ferry" return trips for both days to get to Hong Kong Island. For those of you my age you might remember the old TV series starring Rod Taylor "Hong Kong", needless to say we didn't see him on the ferry. We also get a free Sampan Ride and a one hour Harbour Cruise,

We stopped off at "Stanley" one of the nice beaches on Hong Kong Island and had a wander around. We had decided to get off at The Peak tram" on the way back rather than on the way up. In retrospect we probably should have done it first as the morning skies were very clear and a mist or smog had started to come in by the afternoon. It was still spectacular up there with great views of Hong Kong and Kowloon. So many skyscrapers, apparently Hong Kong has the most in the world, followed by New York, which has only half of that number. Thankfully we still have relatively few in Australia.

Today was 30C a bit like a Brisbane summer, but I think it is more muggy. When the breeze was blowing it was cool. We sat up on the open top deck of the bus for most of the trip, but as I had brought sunscreen didn't get sunburned. It was an exhausting day but we saw so much, and I had ticked off three things on my bucket list, 1- Go to Hong Kong, 2 - go up Victoria Peak, 3 - Go on a Star Ferry trip.

The area where we are Tsim Sha Tsui has so many restaurants close to the hotel. we have decided to go Asian as much as possible, so we found a Malaysia/Chinese restaurant, three of the dishes we liked the other was some sort of steamed chicken that didn't really taste as cooked as we prefer.

After another busy day we had another early night. I guess we are showing our age.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0355s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb