Fairwell Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
August 28th 2006
Published: August 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Chinese sunsetChinese sunsetChinese sunset

Sunset from the window on the Hong Kong to Beijing Express.
28th August 2006

Today we caught the train to Beijing. It takes 24 hours, so we should arrive around 3.30pm tomorrow. We arrived at the train station and as it’s an ‘international’ destination from Hong Kong, we had to check in as though it was an airport with passport control and a departure lounge.

As expected the train left promptly at 3pm and we were on our way! We shared our cabin with two nice British lads, Scott and Dave, who are in China as part of their uni course. We passed the first few hours watching the scenery from the windows and playing a Chinese Dice game. The cabins are modern, beds are comfortable, and you are provided with pillows, a duvet and slippers! It really won’t be a difficult 24 hours…

At around 8pm, we went down to the dinner cart. We ordered spicy chicken and rice, which was much better then expected and cheap. We were sound asleep by 11ish and slept through until 9am. We slept so well. Although, having spend 3 months sleeping in a camper van whilst travelling around Australia, we can pretty much sleep anywhere.




Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

The Chu chuThe Chu chu
The Chu chu

The train to Beijing..the softsleeper section..


Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb