Trip to HK


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
September 10th 2011
Published: September 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hi All!

We are back in Singapore after a great few days in Hong Kong.

This is a brilliant place to go for shopping and for tourist attractions as there is so much to see and do here.

The first day we took a trip to the Peak which is the highest viewpoint in Hong Kong, we had to get an old style tram up to the top which was a very steep climb!

At the top we had some breakfast overlooking a fantastic view. There are lovely cafes, restaurants and shops around also. After some grub we then went to the peak viewpoint itself which involved getting a lot of escalators up to the top. It was well worth it as the view of Victoria Harbour and of the skyscraper skyline was magnificent! We got some great pictures there too.

Later on we also ate at a 'Forest Gump' themed restaurant which was a real novelty as there was memorabilia from the film everywhere.

After the peak we journeyed down to the Harbour and for 20 cents we took a star line ferry across Victoria Bay to Hong Kong Island itself as we were staying on Kowloon Island. Again the view and the surroundings were fantastic. We spent a few hours roaming around HK Island and went to a shopping centre to escape the heat. There were lots of up market shops around.

We packed a lot into the day so I was a bit wrecked by the end of it.

Day two we took a trip down memory lane and went to Disneyland resort! The last time I was in Disneyland was 20 years ago so it was lovely to revisit it. The resort had all the shops, Disney themed streets and rides and of course the characters where you could pose for pictures with and not to mention the highlight which was the parade!

We spent the day taking photos, going on some of the rides and shopping! It was really enjoyable.

The next day we spent going around the Soho area of HK. Here we took a trip on the worlds longest escalator up to the mid levels and had fish and chips in an English pub while watching the opening rugby world cup match between New Zealand and Tonga.

We left Hong Kong on Saturday afternoon the 10th of Sept and made the four hour plane journey back to Singapore. There were a few delays along the way on both ends due to bad weather, a back log of flights and the most irritating delay was a hold up at customs in Singapore airport!!

To cut a long story short we had purchased two bullet shaped necklaces from the Cu Chi Tunnels in Nam. However, apparently you can't bring ANY weapon related products into Singapore which we were totally oblivious to. This ended in us being 'detained' in customs until the airport police arrived to confiscate the items. It's funny looking back on it now but not so funny when it was in the early hours of Sunday morning and all we wanted was our hotel beds! Anyway be aware when bringing souvenirs into Singapore is the moral of that story.

We are spending the last few days here before travelling to Perth on the 15th.

Can't believe our ten week trip to Asia is at an end!

Hope alls well.

-Jennifer.X

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0611s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb