Christchurch Auckland Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
April 3rd 2011
Published: April 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

What a great feeling of excitement to wake up knowing this is the day we leave on our adventure. All lists (and there were many) have been ticked off, the food is down to the last two slices of toast bread and enough milk for the cereals, teas and coffees. Final wash completed, zips on bags closed and the doors locked.
Our neighbours, Ray and Yvonne, kindly offered to take us to the airport and off we go.
The flight to Auckland was uneventful but great to be met by sister Gretchen and husband Grahame. We had plenty of time to catch up with the Benvie clan in Auckland. Our niece Leigh and her husband are proud first time parents so great to see little Lachlan. Leigh’s sister Erin, and partner Brent, joined us all for a final Kiwi BBQ. It was a great family gathering.
Back at Auckland Airport and its final farewells, Smart-Gate passport check, Security, last minute Duty Free and boarding. Flight was going well until prolonged turbulence over the North Tasman so coffee was off. As comfort goes it was not too bad for long haul economy so managed cat-nap sleeps. Breakfast over and it was preparation for landing. What a great airport. Quick trip on the automated people mover to Immigration, Baggage Claim and Customs and a whole new world has opened up.
We purchased our Octopus travel Card, boarded the airport bus and off to Hong Kong city and our hotel for the next two nights.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0143s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb