Working it in HK


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
February 26th 2011
Published: March 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Not alot of time to take pictures when you are working 6 days a week, but here are a few snaps from Brett's 3 weeks in Hong Kong. Don't worry, there will be more to come since he is due back in HK after a quick week and a half jaunt to Sydney.

The trip was a bit of a deja vu trip since it was almost a year ago that we were both in Hong Kong last year for the first skatepark. This time Brett was doing the solo thing and I was back in Sydney working, and kinda missing not being there. We wouldn't want to live in HK, but it is definitely a fun place to check out.

At the beginning of the trip, Brett was back at the same place where we had stayed last year in Mong Kok, and swearing the beds were even harder than last time if that is possible! Then because it was Chinese New Year and everything was booked solid he got upgraded to the hotel across the street to the Club Class Floor, which meant not only comfier beds but a buffet breakfast every morning (not that you need that!), happy hour with free drinks and food every night (sometimes you need that) and a much plusher room, chocolates on your pillow every night, and free internet which always make things a bit better (see the skype picture). Along with the change over of hotels over Chinese New Years, and crazy traffic and mobs of people everywhere, came the lack of being able to use any power tools or get any concrete for 5 days so it did make for a bit of a long haul, but they got lots of forming done and are ready to get the crete going.

The 3 weeks went pretty fast, well... fairly...ast... and luckily (for me back in Sydney) Brett was heading back to Sydney, for a week and half before the next stint. And think Brett was happy to not only see me (of course, haha) but the warmer weather since Hong Kong had been quite cold - especially compared to heat wave Sydney was experiencing. Nothing like a little 34 degree weather to welcome you back - if only he had been here last week when there was a record heatwave for 6 days and it it hit 43 degrees and was still 34 degrees at midnite!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.1136s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb