Hainan to Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
December 23rd 2009
Published: January 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We booked a taxi for a 5:30am pickup to get to the airport for a return to mainland China, Shenzhen. This was our exit point from China to Hong Kong, bit of a mission. From Shenzhen airport we got a bus to the border control which was absolutely manic, crazy experience. We got squashed into a confined spot on our way through where they can study your temperature and decide if you are sick and prevent you from entering Hong Kong. Little men in white jackets come and take you away!!
As we were waiting, bearing in mind we were like sardines and boiling also, the inspection people pointed to a man right infront of me and began to examine him for swine flu, checking in his ears and everything. I remember the woman next to me trying to discreetly move away covering her face, pretty funny in reflection. But anyway they let him through, he was probably just boiling like Laura and I.
Next stop was a train to central Kowloon. The facilities of the train and outside areas and even the atmosphere in the train was instantly more friendly feeling than China, quite strange, more like home.
Mongkok our destination however was not like home. Never seen so many people in one place, very contrasting to Sanya.
We booked into our hostel and dropped off our bags at our room, literally, slightly bigger than a double bed. We then head out looked at some shops and found a little cafe and had a coffee and cake. We had a relaxed night in after a long day, and tried to have an early night but it seems we had a live band next door!! So sleep was difficult!! All part of the fun I suppose!!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb