Day 7 (morning) - Hong kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
October 31st 2009
Published: October 31st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Echo Photo& AudioEcho Photo& AudioEcho Photo& Audio

With the boss
This morning we visited the HK Museum of Science. I imagine it’s similar to the Melb Science Museum that I haven’t yet visited. So here, and maybe unusually, we saw the dinosaur exhibit for specimens taken from Lufeng in Yunnan province. It contained a few skeletons and a film - the most important aspect of this is that it’s supposed to be one of the biggest dinosaur finds in the world, which something I never knew. The film showed that the Chinese have made a full sized roof, maybe the size of a football field, over part of the site for visitors to see some of the remaining specimens in situ. We then completed our shopping for Paul. On the way back to the hotel, we found an arcade that was full of shops run by Indians and some Africans - not a Chinese in sight. The shops contained all types of local’s wares and included many of those watches shops the street hawkers would take you to if you ever spent the time to get into an exchange with them.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Science MuseumScience Museum
Science Museum

Learning about the dinosaur history at Yufeng
The Bird ViewerThe Bird Viewer
The Bird Viewer

Inside via a set of glasses you can see what most birds see = about + 30% magnification over us
Upper floor at the MuseumUpper floor at the Museum
Upper floor at the Museum

Zheng He's scaled down version of his early 1400s historic ship in its own large pool with a background fan (maybe they start the fan and it sails around the pool!)


Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb