Taken for a ride in Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
October 26th 2009
Published: October 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Monday 26.10.2009 Day 12
We fly from KL to Hong Kong on the way from the airport to our hotel we got a private cab who said it would cost $98 hkd to the hotel + tolls this was about how much I had read it would cost. When we got to the hotel the driver told us it would be $980 hkd! We informed him we were told $98 and he said to talk to the person who had organized the trip for us so he phone then and put me on. This guy now told us that he told us $980 hkd. We did not have this much hkd on us so he locked the door and would not let us out he then drove us to an ATM and we got $1000 hkd out and he drove to the hotel and we paid him then he told us we had to pay the tolls on top of this and they where $300 hkd we had looked at them on the way and they where $30 hkd. By this time he had unlocked the doors so we got out and got our bags out we refused to pay the tolls. We ran away from him as fast as we could so did not get his number plate. We both felt very sick. The hotel told us it cost about $120 hkd. He tried to charge us 10 times that! Oh well no more non authorized cabs in Hong Kong and we will report them to the airport on our way out.
After a rest in our hotel the Dorset seaview as we are on the 3rd floor we did not have a sea view it is nice and clean and only cost about $50 Aus a night. We when to one of the big shopping center the grand tower; it had an atrium and loads of great shops. We did some food shopping. That night we went to the night markets which where all around out hotel we found lots of bargains and will go back again tomorrow night.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.352s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 65; dbt: 0.1106s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb