Hongkong Trip 2008


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
March 25th 2008
Published: August 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Jess and me went over to Hongkong to check out the place on our own ... we booked our tickets using Jetstar and our hotel through the online hotel website... We stayed at Dorsett Far East Hotel which is located at Tsuen Wan area .. walking distance to the MTR there ...

Our trip was planned for 7 days 6 nights.. so that we can enjoy and relax at the same time.. On the first day we have totally no idea on where should we head to for the whole trip as we decided then to think about where we would like to visit when we reach Hongkong ...we have been told many times that it is a shopping paradise ... Very much indeed .. well I should say depending on what u wana get ... it;s pretty much like Singapore except that it is bigger and they have four seasons ... hahhaa...

We took brochures of the various famous tourist spots from the customer service counter at the airport then checked out those hotel airport transfers counters available there ... i must say we got cheated of our money ... if we took a metered taxi it would have cost us cheaper ... our hotel is pretty near to the airport .. well we can blame anyone since we do not know the area well and can't speak good cantonese ... we waited about half an hour for the coach ... the trip to the hotel was pretty cosy ... the coach is clean and seats are comfortable ... Upon our arrival at the hotel ... we have to wait another 1 hour before we can check into our hotel room... I must say for a budjet hotel ..it is considered as clean and nice ... though the room is kind of small .. the bed is small for 2 to sleep on it .. we didn't manage to get 2 single beds ... we had a quick shower and change .... all geared up for our journey ...

Since it is our first day .. we decided to walk around the nearby area.. checking out on what is available .. and went to the MTR station which is just 10 mins walk away from the hotel to get more information... our destinatio for dinner and shopping at night was the famous Ladies Street at Mongkok .... it is more like a night bazaar ... selling all sorts of things.. kind of interesting.. not forgetting the bargaining part .. it was hilarious thinking back on how to tried to haggle the price with our super imperfect cantonese... Jess bought 5 shoes at the market ... we continue our lookout for other interesting stuffs .... we walked past this store which sell their famous curry fishball ..smelly tofu (the smell super strong ) ... out of curiousity we bought both to try ... i would say i am not a big fan of the smelly tofu... so stinky.. hahaha ... we had some sandwich and went back to the hotel to catch some sleep ...

The next few days we went to the different tourist spots such as The Peak, Repulse Bay, Wong Tai Sin temple, Causeway Bay, Avenue of Stars ... sad to say we didnt manage to go to the night spot at Lan Kwai Fong as Jess was having flu .... Lots of shopping for clothes, accessories, bags... Hongkong is indeed a shopping paradise... and they have lots of good food too ...

Planning to go for another trip again ....




Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb