Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
April 9th 2009
Published: April 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The city is spread out over several islands with the main ones, Hong Kong and Kowloon, connected by the Star Ferry, a great way of taking in the city sky line which we did at night. While the skyline had more depth to it than that of Shanghai it lacked the architectural beauty of Shanghai, with the majority of buildings being square glass boxes. Every evening there is a light where lasers on the top of buildings lining the water front are used to light up the night sky. We managed to get out to Tai O, a traditional Chinese fishing village built on stilts (check out the photo). Probably the coolest thing we did was to take the cable car (5.9kms) up to the Golden Buddha on Lantau Island. We also checked out the Temple Street Market ,one of the many night markets and one of the supposed highlights of Hong Kong, but this market was just stall after stall selling the same item, a real disappointment. Over all I was glad to move on from Hong Kong, to me it's a very bland city, although Karen liked a lot more than I did.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0964s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb