It's fun to stay at the YMCA!


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
March 17th 2009
Published: April 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Our time in Australia is over and we are now in Hong Kong. Getting here was rather time consuming as we had to fly to Kuala Lumpur (5 hours flight), wait there for 4 hours before catching a flight to Hong Kong (4 hours). We flew with Air Asia as it was cheap. Bizarrely the first leg had been contracted out to Air Mauritius. This was good as we got free food (no such luxury on Air Asia) although we did get barbecued chicken for breakfast!

As you might have guessed from the title we are staying at the YMCA! I don't know know what you are imagining it is like but let me assure you it is very nice. It is really just a 3* hotel. There are some floors in the building that are for teaching and stuff. It is in a good location on Kowloon and it is next door to the Peninsula Hotel which is a 5* affair that is regarded as THE place to stay in HK. Needless to say the YMCA is a lot cheaper (but still expensive, as all hotels in HK seem to be).

Hong Kong is very efficient and so far we are very impressed. Hong Kong airport currently has my vote for the most efficient airport. We got passports stamped and got our luggage is superquick time. Then we got on the train to the city. The train station was in the arrivals hall, it could not have been more convenient. When we got off the train there were free buses to take you to your hotel. We barely had to wait since touching down and arriving at the hotel.

Despite all our travelling we did get a chance for a little look round after we arrived. We walked to the waterfront. I have never seen so many skyscrapers. They were all lit up and they seem to go on for miles! Compared to Australia there are a lot of people here. Unfortunately that seems to include people who want to sell us suits. Suitsellers the world over seem to like Tim!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb