Last day in Asia


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
June 6th 2008
Published: April 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hong KongHong KongHong Kong

A miserable last day in Hong Kong, it was absolutely throwing it down.
We decided to have sleep in this morning since it was our last day in Asia and our flight wasn’t due to leave until 12:30AM. We packed our gear, got ready and checked out of the hotel. Today we were heading to the history museum of Hong Kong to learn more about this amazing city. However we went to leave we realized it was absolutely pouring down outside so we grabbed a taxi to the museum to stay out of the rain. We tried to take as much time as we could around the different exhibits and displays but there were so many and so much information to read that eventually we started to speed things up. We were there for a few hours by which time seen almost everything and I had had enough of history. We made our way outside again where it was still throwing it down but we braved it and decided to have a walk around the street of Kowloon.

Eventually we found a massive mall which also had a massive food court, we grabbed a bite to eat then had a quick look around the mall. We thought about seeing a movie but there
Hong KongHong KongHong Kong

It seemed like everyone in Hong Kong had an umbrella except us
wasn’t really much on. So instead we continued to browse the streets of Hong Kong trying as best we could to stay out of the rain. But slowly it got worse and worse, we couldn’t take it anymore, we were already totally drenched. We made back to the hotel to pick up our bags and took the bus to Hong Kong International Airport. We were quite early, 8 hours early and we couldn’t even check in our bags for another 4 hours or so. So for the rest of the day we explored the massive airport at Hong Kong. We got some dinner, and walked around the shops trying to kill some time. There was a small airport museum which keep us entertained for a while, afterwards we headed to our find our gate where we sat and waited. Finally after 8 hours at the airport we boarded our flight and set off for the 13 hour flight to England.

Accommodation:
Flight


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Hong KongHong Kong
Hong Kong

Waiting at the Hong Kong Airport for our flight to London.
Hong KongHong Kong
Hong Kong

Our very, very long wait at Hong Kong International Airport. Our flight departs 00:35, BA028.


Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0204s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb