The Hong Kong Sevens


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
March 23rd 2007
Published: September 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

My dad turned 50 on the 19th of December 2006 so we decided to do some extra special for him. We bought him tickets to the Rugby Sevens in Hong Kong 😊

In a nutshell, Hong Kong is AWESOME. When you're on holiday you take your book places right? You fancy getting a few minutes reading in say before your evening meals arrive. So we did just that. Me, my mum (Carey), and my dad (Alan) ordered our food and grabbed our books being the social beings that we are. And, at least it felt this way, as soon as we had set our eyes on the first letter of the first word of the first page our food had arrived. The service is really that good folks! And the city itself has such an amazing atmosphere, admittedly some places more than others but that will happen anywhere you go really!

My favorite thing about the place was possibly the Star Ferry. The best way to get from Kowloon to Hong Kong Island and it costs about 20p GBP (or say about 40 cents USD) per trip. It was the nicest feeling to be on in the morning or at night, just a nice rocking feeling, the bay was never all that turbulent.

Me and my dad gave the Friday a miss for the Sevens and went around 10am for Saturday. Some great games with Scotland failing big time. BUT! America won against, wait for it... FRANCE!!! That was AWESOME.

On the Sunday, me and dad were aiming to get to the Stadium for the beginning, now this Sunday was a particularly hot day, ESPECIALLY for Scotsman. After being on the Hong Kong underground etc. etc. we were very hot, very sweaty and in need of a drink. We got off the train, was on our way back to the surface WHEN!!!!!!!!

Dad - "Did I pack the tickets...?"
Me - "...you're kidding right." (notice lack of question mark, this wasn't a question!)
Dad - "let me check the bag........!!!" *searches frantically*

Needless to say, they weren't there. SO, after 30-40 minutes trying to get to the stadium on the hottest day we experienced in Hong Kong, we went ALL THE WAY BACK To Kowloon.

Me - "Should we go back now?"
Dad - "Thats not really a question now is it."

So we stayed for a further hour and a half in the hotel room. Cooled off, Eventually we got back there to see Somoa beat Fiji in the final, wasn't amused...

But yes, Hong Kong is amazing and thoroughly recommended by me, the RevFunk.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb