China to Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
May 28th 2007
Published: May 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We spent another day looking around Guillen. This included the seven star park. Not only where there a whole lot of cool hills and plants in this park, we saw racoons running around in trees, monuments, man made waterfalls and a zoo. The best thing about the zoo was that it had a panda there, which was an unexpected and wicked find. The worst thing about the zoo, was that they had beers and monkeys dressed up in funny outfits heavily chained and were charging visitors money to have their photo with these unaturally contained animals. The non-panda beer cages were really small as well. We spent the night checking out the lights of the place. Even the "small" cities of china blow us away. So many amazing lights. We went into a bar, but it was way to space aged for us, and the 5 or 6 staff dressed up in strange plastic outfits, running around writting things for the sake of it on clipboards was a little bit too hip for us country girls.

We caught the "chinese boat" down the Li River to Yangshe. We figured the food might be better than the western boat, and we saved a few yuan. It ended up being a bit of a laugh, but it was pretty hard to fight for a viewing spot with all the chinese making you move so they could take photos with the scenery. We did get a few nice pics of the boats which delivered live fish and chickens to the galley of ours, and one of our fellow boat people smoking his bong (can't belive how into their bongs these chinese blokes are!). The hills alongside the Li river are extremelly famous in china, even making their 20 Yuan note. There are ridiculous amounts of tourists (mainly Chinese), every day. We spent a few days in Yangshe...it seems to be Chinas version of Queenstown. Super beautiful towering peaks surrounding the town, with great narrow paved streets. Tonnes of tourists, both Chinese and westerns. Catering for the western market the food was a little more palatable for our western mouths than some of the other random chinese food we have eaten. After a couple of days cruising in Yangshe we caught the night bus to Shenzen....the bus was a sleeper bus...as many beds packed into it as a normal bus has sets. This has then brought us to Hong Kong. 10 million people, this place is such a contrast to the hills of Yanshe, and most of the other south east asian countries we have been to.

As we are still here, I'll leave the hong kong stories till we get to the next destination.

Advertisement



30th May 2007

Hey Dels
Have been enjoying reading ur blogs, sounds like you are having an absolutely amazing trip! Very jealous! Enjoy HK, will be quite different to parts of China you have been to, but does have alot of parkland (and shopping) and has a kind of zoo in the gardens on HK Island (in the mid-levels) which I never checked out, also never managed to get the tram up to the peak so feel free to do these things for me! You should also check out big buddha on Lantau! Take care and cant wait to see all your pics. xxoo

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb