finally got here.


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
April 17th 2007
Published: April 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

It's 21:46 local time and nearing the end of our first day away, so as I've got a minute i thought I'd stick on an update. I can't upload photos from here so none of those until Sunday when we get settled in Sydney.

We landed at 6 o clock in the morning and as soon as you leave the plane in HK two things strike you, firstly the sweltering muggy heat, and secondly how there are in fact, less Asians here than there are in Bath.

The first thing we had to do was get a bus from the airport on Lantau Island to the YMCA in Kowloon, this was simple enough as everyone is pretty helpful etc, but made more difficult by the fact that Sarah had had no sleep on the plane as she was too engrossed in the inflight movies, and by this point had not slept for about 32 hours. Happy days.

The harbour opposite the hotel is absolutely awesome, we've just come back from the laser show, which they have every night, it more or less entails wasting huge amounts of electricity, all to the tune of a four piece band, spectacular.

It turns out the weather is instantaneously changeable, i was just half drowned, blinded by dust and deafened by thunder, all in the time it takes to have a fag.

Anyways, I'm off to bed now cos I'm shattered.

peace.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.044s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb