Brissy to Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
January 23rd 2007
Published: January 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Wow, first day of travel and i fell like I've already had an adventure. Said goodbye to the parents in Brissy, then had to sit in the plane for an hour. Plane wasn't that packed, but we obviously had seasoned travellers around us, as they preceded to occupy 3 seats each around us, nice lay down for them. Flight had a bit of turbulance, but coming down to land in HK was amazing, have never seen so many lights and skyscrapers. Got a great view coming right in beside the peak on the island. No troubles arriving, got straight on train, then into a free shuttle bus which took us right to the building. That was a tour in itself, 10.30pm and all the shops were open and people like peak Queen St Mall. As soon as we got to the door, this lady a[[eared and proceded to take us up the esculator to the hostel yet was being very vaige about our questions. We finally told her 'no thanks' after much persuasion by her and came to our hostel, where they knew me by name 😊. This place looks like shanty town from the outside, but as soon as you step into a doorway its like a hotel corridor. Looking forward to finding my way around the labrinth of streets tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 27; dbt: 0.021s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb