COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
June 1st 2006
Saved: December 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Arrived late in the evening and got into our hotel on Kowloon Island. The room was amazing. It had a computerised telephone, air-conditioning and the bathroom had all glass walls so you could actually watch the tv while having a shower.

Got up early the next morning and waited to be picked up for my 4 hour city tour. I met a couple of Australian guys who were travelling and were in hong kong for a couple of days. First we went to Hong Kong Island where we went up to Victoria Peak for the most amazing views of the city. Then we went down to the fish markets where we took a boat on the river past the floating restaurant which seats over 1000 people, past all the houseboats, which were quite fancy with televisions etc. Then we went to the Stanley Street markets which was right on the water. There were heaps of little shops selling souvenirs and fake stuff. Walked along to a Chinese temple. Found a nice little irish pub alongside the water where we stopped for a quick beer. I decided to stay in Hong Kong Island and make my own way back. The other guys had to fly out that day so went back with the tour group.

Jumped on a bus and made my way back to the ferry terminal. I got in the star ferry which is a circular ferry, with amazing views of the city back to Kowloon Island. Got there just in time to see the city light show. They have it every night starting at 8pm. They had huge speakers with music playing in time to the lights of several buildings. It was a great show, well worth it. Lasted for about 5 minutes. Walked up the main road past all the shops, with the brightly coloured neon lights. Went to the ladies market, which had all the fake handbags, sunglasses etc. Found a little Chinese restaurant and had dinner before heading back to the hotel.




Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Comments only available on published blogs

Tot: 0.187s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1281s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb