Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
June 23rd 2006
Published: August 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We stopped off in Hong Kong for a few days on the way to Thailand. The city has more skyscrapers than any other in the world which is clear to see. On our first day there we took the Peak Tram up Victoria Peak to get the best view of the city below.

As we were staying on Hong Kong Island we had to catch the Star Ferry to get across to Kowloon. Each night there seemed to be some form of entertainment over there, either waterfalls dancing to music or building lights flashing in time to the tunes.

From Kowloon we took a ride in a Junk one night. We were the only people on it and it was a great trip, we sailed (well, actually it was a motorised Junk, so we motored) around the harbour under the neon lights of the skyscrapers.

On our last night we went to a race meeting at Happy Valley racecourse, just opposite our hotel. It is a huge course in the middle of the city. We had a great night there, we won a couple of bets but unfortunately not enough to break even.

Although Hong Kong is a famous shopping destination we only really managed to browse. Fortunately we had stocked up on everything in China where it was much cheaper.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0632s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb