Greetings From Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
April 20th 2006
Published: April 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Martin and Emily

London - Hong Kong -

We've been here in balmy, vibrant, expensive Hong Kong for 3 days now and have packed in the usual sites and culinary delights!

Yesterday we enjoyed a lovely refreshing beer at the top of Victoria Peak - which was well deserved after the scary tram ride we experienced getting to the top! The views of HK central and surrounding areas were amazing. We got a few pictures but unfortunately we can't download them at the mo.

We've been shopping along the Golden Mile and it's pretty spectacular - shame we can't buy anything as our ruck sacks are already jam packed!

Tomorrow we're taking a ferry trip to the big buddha on the surrounding island of Lantau. Apparently it's the worlds tallest buddha and weighs as much as a jumbo jet.

We haven't had any big nights out yet as it's over a fiver a pint for a local beer! But we have managed to polish off a bottle of duty free gin in our room, before attempting the manic streets of HK on our way out!!

We fly to Hanoi, Vietnam, on Sunday morning - the second stop on our Asian/Antipodian tour.

We'll keep you all updated with our news and it would be great to hear all your stories/gossip too! Don't be strangers!

Wishing you all the best and take care.

Martin and Ems


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

The Big Buddha on Lantau IslandThe Big Buddha on Lantau Island
The Big Buddha on Lantau Island

The Big Buddha is the worlds tallest Buddha and weighs as much as a jumbo jet.


Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0259s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb