Hong Kong Fuiy Land


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
May 27th 2010
Published: May 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Hong Kong two days ago. Its a real culture shock.

First noticeable thing is HK is not made for tall people, the bath is the size of a toilet, and the blankets barely cover your modesty. The room itself is located in a old factory, and has no windows much like a prison with hardly enough room to throw a vicky around. So on our first morning having been out on the razz the night before, We woke up expecting it to be breko time for a cheeky bit of dim sum at 9 ish in me the what appeared pitch dark, before finding out it was two in the afternoon, and so we barely made it for luncheon.

The food is quite a battle, I think Im on my way to mastering the way of the chopstick, however the food requires you to have the tongue twisting abilities of what I imagine one of the prostitutes that roam the streets must have. All the meat we have had so far has been full of bones not like the crispy chilli beef number 24 we have back in sturry, without knifes or fork it requires you to be quite the skilled tonguesmen to free the meat.

Tokyo itself is a architectures wet dream. Pictures dont do it justice and words don't describe the awe that the skyline full of Skyscrapers creates. Yesterday we travelled to the highest peak, and watched over the city below as day became night. As the lights came on, it were as if the city was taken over by fireflies dancing in a poetic motion.....dey cause im not gay. But yeah it really was a sight to behold.

Since weve found ourselves pretty much priced out in HK after the first night. After spending a reasonable amount getting smashed on the first night,playing shocking drinking games as 'flip the bar mat sudden death shootout- extravaganza' and aggresive chinese snap. We had decided to take it easy booze wize for the last 2 days in HK, instead we resorted to playing drinking rock,paper,scissors with the loser having a didge of some horrendi drink we found at the local market that takes vile.

HK clearly isnt a big tourist attraction to westerners, Weve come half way around the world, yet were more excited to see a glimspe of a white person than to make friends with our asian counterparts. On the first night, I wandered up to two chinese girls with what looked like a minder, and asked them for directions to a club... he gave us a adress and said ''yuuuu can find many of yaaa kind deeeer, yuuu Will go eeeeveryniiiite'' ...or something like that, so we went, and it was dead as a dodo... Cheers fella.

Having said that everyone is helpful, and the streets are kept very clean so you cant complain.
Its our last night tonight so were off to Macau, for a bit of gambling at the casino.

Ciao for now, I doubt Ill be online for a while now im too busy living/emjoying it to record it.....Hope everyone's well back home take care. And you enjoy this insight. Much Love, Jay Xx


Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0561s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb