Byron: The Big One


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
April 6th 2010
Published: April 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

It is hard to believe that it has been 12 months since Byron’s Big Day Out. The time has flown so quickly. And what remarkable changes have happened in that time - Byron has grown into a little boy. He has retained his lovely smile, but it has grown bigger and even more enthusiastic. And he has started walking, which at 12 months seemed a pretty good effort to us.

Byron is as complex as the next person. So generalisations aren’t easy, but overall he seems such a happy little boy. He smiles often and broadly; he engages strangers with a friendly look and lovely smile; he laughs a lot. Byron loves Georgia’s company, and often goes to great lengths to get her attention. Georgia usually responds well, and has been over-heard to say, “Good boy Byron”, and even, “Nice to see you Byron”. But of course it is not always so rosy, especially when Byron smilingly pulls Georgia’s hair, or takes a liking to one of Georgia’s favourite toys. At those times, the special bond of sibling love temporarily disappears, and brutal exchanges occasionally occur. Initially, and most often, Georgia gets the better of the encounter, but that is starting to change, with Byron becoming stronger and more determined.

The day of Byron’s birthday started with the traditional opening of cards while lounging around on our bed. Byron liked the pictures, and later, as we moved to the presents in the dining room, he had a great time ripping the paper off (and then trying to eat it). He loved his gifts and took a shine to a driving consol that makes a lot of noise.

In the afternoon there was a small party at the local bakery with some of Byron’s friends from the playroom. Quiet, polite kids soon change after feasting on sugar rich cakes and drinks, and so to protect the premises, we moved to the courtyard outside for a game of balloon football. It might not be skilful, but it is colourful. And it is a delight to see happy kids run around in pursuit of balloons. Georgia showed why she will be the first female drafted into the AFL. Byron is still getting the hang of it, but shows great potential.



Additional photos below
Photos: 66, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb