Before the wedding ceremony


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
March 7th 2008
Published: March 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Finally, our wedding trip to Thailand took place. We left home in northern virginia in the evening. Our layover was at LAX airport in LA for 4 hours...not so fun when an hour before boarding the airline announced the change of boarding gate. we walked back to where we walked passed 3 hours earlier when it was completely deserted. now the entire area was packed. at that point, it was 4 am eastern time for me...Blahhhhhhh !!!!

After 14.5 hour-flight, we got to Hong Kong and had 3 hours to explore Hong Kong. I and Doug were quite impressed with airport express that ran spectacularly smooth. it took about 25 minutes from the airport to central in Hong Kong. we didn't get to go the the Peak as planned because the tram was not in operation so we took a public ferry instead to Tsim Tsa Shui, Kowloon. I was disappointed to not go to SOHO or stay in Hong Kong instead because there were electronic shops, souvenir shops, and stuff that we weren't interested in seeing. Doug got approached by several tailors trying to get him to buy suits or watches.

I was sad and disappointed to see how high smog level was. Everything looked hazy. Sky was much clearer when I visited Hong Kong 10 years or so ago.

see you in Phuket, Thailand in the next 5 hours or so.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Pier at Tsim Tsa Shui, Kowloon Pier at Tsim Tsa Shui, Kowloon
Pier at Tsim Tsa Shui, Kowloon

looking over to Hong Kong from Kowloon


Tot: 0.223s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1847s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb