Hello from Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
November 23rd 2007
Published: November 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Park Lane Hotel Park Lane Hotel Park Lane Hotel

Stayed here for two nights on the 25th floor

HONG KONG




We arrived in Hong Kong quite late so we decided to stay in the airport hotel. It was pretty expensive but we were just too tired. The next day we checked out and got a hotel in the city centre on Hong Kong island (the Park Lane). It was really nice with views of Victoria Park. We were lost after we came out of the subway from the airport looking for it and some random American guy tried to help but instead actually sent us in the totally wrong direction. However a really nice local guy stopped to help us and told us he worked right beside the hotel so he walked us right to it. He was genuinely just trying to help unlike in Bangkok where someone would help you then tell u where else u should go and then try get u into a tuk tuk straight away. Although there are street traders and people constantly looking for your money there is also a genuine friendliness of the people especially anyone under 35 ( the younger they are the more they seem to want to practice english)

As I said the Park Lane was quite nice with a great view. We moved to the north of the city after another two days to Kowloon. It was a cheaper area to stay in even though the restaurants were very expensive. Hong Kong is a very interesting and beautiful city although I cant write much because we mainly just wandered around meaning we didn't vist many sights but hope to do so on our return. We did however see the Symphony of Lights which was a permanent exhibition of the lights on the buildings. It was a massive laser show. AS you can see from the photos hong kong is lit up like a christmas tree. We also went up the cable car to the top of Victoria peak which gave us a wonderful view of the city at night.

We also bought our macbook in Hong kong for cheap. :-D


we would both really recommend Hog Kong to anyone because of its service, food and culture. People were just friendly and helpful. Its crazy busy but not anymore than any major city like New York or London.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



20th November 2007

snazzy digs!
Dont be stealing all our blogwatchers now ya hear ;) . Glad you got the first leg under your belts, hope ur having a ball. Looking forward to seeing ur pics! x Elaine
20th November 2007

Hallooooooooooo
Well lah dee dah .. my what a nice hotel! :D good to see things are starting to kick off! Im on skype now if ur near the internet, hmmm Il text ya, hold on a minute

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0303s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb