Ocean Park


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
September 2nd 2007
Published: September 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Our last day in Hong Kong!!! After getting excited over the numerous signs for Ocean Park (where you could visit a couple of real pandas) I managed to talk Gary into giving the history museum (as interesting as im sure it would have been) a miss and we headed off on a short train journey followed by a bus to Ocean Park!!!

The park was huge and not only full of rides and other attractions but for those of us who wanted to save our pennies as much as possible there was a variety of wildlife which kept us amused for no additional cost.

We walked through the avery, which was full of many different types of birds (many of which I had never heard of). Gary was in his element and put his video camera to good use - I was more concerned with the thought of a bird having an accident on my head!! 😞

My only mission was to see the panda's and I started to get all excited when I saw a sign for their house!! This turned out to be a play house for the plastic pands's!! At this point I began to think that this was going to be the extent of my panda viewing!! However with a closer look at the very vague map, Gary realised that we had entered the park through the second entrance and just our luck the panda's were housed at the other side of the park.

On our way over there we climbed many escalators, caught a cable car ride, and got to see the other wildlife that the park housed. The sharks were amazing - all different shapes and sizes!! The sea lions showed off for us - you can tell they liked the attention!! Again Gary was camera happy (although he has been well warned not to catch me in any of his footage).

After having walked for what seemed miles we finally reached the Panda's - what a delight!! They were well worth the wait!! And guess what Gary got his camera out again!! But only managed to get about 30 seconds of footage as his battery went flat!!! So we had to resort to our camera phones!!!

We then headed to the dolphin academy where we saw some very gratious creatures showing off and jumping out of the water for their audience!!!

After a long, tiring, but very enjojable day we headed back to our hotel, in search of some dinner and an early night in anticipation for what monday and Thailand would hold for us!!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Sea LionSea Lion
Sea Lion

The closed eye shot
SeahorseSeahorse
Seahorse

Only one seahorse and it took the longest to get on camera. Moody diva.
Meet SpikeMeet Spike
Meet Spike

This is a sea creature...not very approachable in the ocean I would think.
Blue FishBlue Fish
Blue Fish

Tomorrow night's dinner I'm sure...


Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 18; qc: 83; dbt: 0.0966s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb