Hongya


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
April 10th 2016
Published: July 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 29.905, 103.373

After some local purchases and scrumptious jiaozi in the tow, we waved goodbye to Yeye and headed back to slight civilisation in Hongya, staying in the hotel that we had stayed in three years previously. Bill had arranged to meet up with his cousin and some school friends but failed to actually organise anything to do with them so the poor people just followed us on our trek back to the hotel to change stinky nappies!!

The main square is the centre of all social life in Hongya and on a Sunday night, it definitely didn't disappoint! Not only was there the line dancing ladies but there was also a mass Zumba class, breakdancing, men whipping spinning tops, middle aged ladies practising karaoke (badly), a stuffed character, inflatable angry birds electric cards and somewhere in the midst of it all, some of Bill's old school mates. Unfortunately, Isaac was exhausted from all the excitement buying a new set of tractors and then having to share them with lots of random children, so missed out on the nightime festivities. This did however mean that we were actually able to sit still in a teahouse and take in the atmosphere.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0692s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb