Genocide In China. January 1938.


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
January 21st 2014
Published: January 21st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Mao Zedong rose to power in China as the leader of a new Chinese Communist Party, which defeated the Nationalist Party for power of China. Known for its large amount of deaths an estimation about 50 million to 70 million people were killed during the years of Mao's ruling. The Cultural Revolution was a huge factor that contributed to these deaths as Mao and his government aimed to get rid of old customs, old habits, old ideas and old culture. The rich were killed and stripped of their wealth, temples and ancient traditions were burnt and political leaders, who opposed communism were eradicated. It was a time of turmoil. In many cases, in China, one has to decide how to consider the millions who died because of their political decisions. The Chinese cultural revolution caused the death of 30 million people (according to the current Chinese government), but many died of hunger. Stalin is held responsible for the death of millions by Ukrainians, but "only" half a million people were killed by his order. Khomeini sent children to die in the war against Iraq, but it was a war.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb