B4 Preston


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
October 5th 2013
Published: October 5th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Question: What role do women play in this society? Do they have equality? If not , what discrimination do women in this country face?

Theme: Racial and ethnic constructions

Link: http://globerove.com/china/women-in-chinese-culture/1788

http://www.asiasentinel.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=232&Itemid=35



In Asia women do not have equality the women do not play a big role politically , many women in Asia are not allowed to vote it was until the republic years that women were even allowed to go to school with males but this was only given to women that lived in major cities. Due to the rule of the Mao , a rule made in china that allowed women to have a say politically , many women were allowed to step up and hold prominent political positions and also exercise their influence in various domains. Before the Mao many women's only freedom was with the influence of foreign music, movies and culture.

Another discrimination that women have in Asia is that Asia has the largest rate of women that are currently unemployed or are employed in the same job as men but get paid less than then men do . Also since many women in Asia are unemployed most of the women's home duties is to watch the children all day with absent husbands , meaning that for days or weeks the husband of the women , could be gone for and if and or when the husband returned the women could not ask him where he has been , or why he was gone.T he women's job is just to cook , and make sure the house is clean when the man of the house does get home .




Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0326s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb