Blog #2. Class Period: B4. China's Religion compared to Christianity


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
September 26th 2013
Published: September 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

China is a polytheistic-religious country. The Chinese believe in nature and many gods. Some of the main religions in China include of the following: Buddhism, Taoism, and Confucianism. Buddhism is the most practiced religion in China. Buddhism is the belief in literature, art, and ideology. Buddhism spread to China during the Han Dynasty in 67 AD. Confucianism is an ethical and philosophical system. Confucianism was developed after Confucius, a man whom introduced and taught unique ideas. Confucianism was a belief used to educate and inspire people. Confucianism is more of a philosophy than an actual religion. Taoism was the belief that influenced cultures in traditional medicine and literature. Taoism concentrates living in harmony with Tao (Dao), performing spiritual practices, and living a balanced life.
Unlike China's polytheistic-religious country, Christianity is a monotheistic religion. Christianity is the belief in one God, instead of nature and philosophies. Christianity includes of many saints, but they aren't worshipped, Jesus is. Christianity is the largest religion in the world, with 2 million people who practice Christianity. The church style in a Christianity religion is different compared to the "church" styles of China's many religions.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0782s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb