Day 5: Zhaoqing walking, riding, hiking and big cooking pots


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
April 4th 2012
Published: April 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today was a mixture of activities from walking to riding to hiking.

Breakfast was Yum Cha style, with noodles and steamed buns, mostly quite sweet. The restaurant in our hotel overlooks a lake, with occasional fishermen passing the window.

We spent a few hours exploring the Seven Star Crags Scenic Area, which is utterly huge. It has bridges over lakes, a mountain topped with a Pagoda, caves with boat rides, many statues of god people and a suspension bridge that cost me ¥2 (30c) to cross.

We then went on a 16km bike ride, mostly along the side of a major road. We stopped for another Chinese lunch and went to Mount Dinghu in our van. We climbed the mountain via paths and roads (not real bush hiking), seeing waterfalls along the way. At the very top is the world's biggest Dinghu, which is basically a big cooking pot on three legs. The walk back down went through numerous temples with varieties of Buddhas. All up, my GPS says we walked 16km.

We got back to our hotel at around 6pm for a shower, then off to another dinner. Half the group felt overfed so only three of us ate, and a few pigeons were consumed.

That's it for the day. Lots of exercise, but tomorrow is a 71km ride. Wish us luck!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb