Yangshou


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
June 28th 2011
Published: June 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We wake early. Most people would think that you would get to sleep in on holidays, but this is not the case when you are partnered with an energetic travel companion like I am. Tea is important, the black leaf variety, essential ritual for the start to the day. Guess what? English tea is very hard to procure in China.
I am sitting in my room, looking at the view through my open window. Typing these words, I realise how lucky I am. The world really is a small place these days.
We are catching a bus at 11.30 back to Guilin, than another to Yangshou. Pretty uneventful really, wrong bus caught to Guilin, than wrong ticket bought to Yangshou. Anyone who has travelled with me knows the story. It always has a happy ending.
Yangshou is very Western; shops, bars, and Kenny Rogers playing in the background. The backdrop to the town is breathtaking. Vertical limestone cliffs jut out of the plain, which are covered in either rainforest or agriculture, the li river flowing through the middle. The typical scene out of every Chinese based movie.
We are staying in a hotel right on the river, our balcony surveying the view. Unsure if this is really backpacking.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



1st July 2011

where to now?
Good stuff Jamie. I want to see you in some one star accommodation though. Don't bother coming home in a hurry as wheat, canola, lamb and cattle prices all seem to be trending downwards. so "kung hoy fat choy". Keith
2nd July 2011

money bags
don't know about one star seem to to be travelling a bit higher standard this time need your levelling influence. The money not going that fast so may be ok.

Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0618s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb