Yangshou


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
November 9th 2010
Published: November 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We are just getting ready to pack and leave Yangshou after 3 wonderful days in Yangshou. After arriving, my immediate impressions were not that good but how wrong I was! Sunday after breakfast we done a brief orientation walk and we were told what excursions etc we could do. After an afternoon nap, we went for a coffee boost, which was an experience and then ourselves and the other couple went to the Li River Sound and Light show, as recommended by Kathy and Bob. It was pretty amazing to say the least. It is directed by the guy who created the opening ceremony for the Olympics so we didnt really know what to expect. It was a show on the water and every scene just got better! There were various stories recreated from Chinese history but some were hard for us to understand due to the language barrier. All in all it was fantastic.
Monday morning, we done a bicycle ride out through the Karst Limestone mountains which took around 90 minutes, followed by a climb up the mountain known as Moon Hill. There are meant to be 999 steps and it was very tough but we took it slow and it took us around 40 minutes to get to the top. The views were breath taking and the weather was also fab! Once we got back down, we had some lunch and headed back to the town via the Highway which was quicker but much busier. WE were both pretty shattered after this trip but we had a boat trip on the Li River. A taxi collected us at the hotel and drove about 30 minutes out of the town to where we jumped on the bamboo boat. The scenery was so beautiful and infact part of the views are displayed on the 20 yuan note. The tour was around 1 hour and I got some great pictures. Lastnight we went for dinner to nice restaurant, there was about 7 of us and it was nice. We then went for a drink and returned to the hotel.

Today has been a lazy day, we have just walked around and found a small waterfall and sat out on some rocks on the Li River. We get an overnight train tonight at 8pm to Hong Kong which will take around 15 hours but we have got used to the trains.
Yangshou has been fabulous, the scenary, the weather, the people..... We would definetly recommend this place!

Hopefully the next time I write, we will have our own laptop and I will get the photos uploaded.


Additional photos below
Photos: 85, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



9th November 2010

sounds good
Hi andrea and Peter, Glad your having a fab time, Yangshou sounds very relaxed and chilled...just what was needed after the previous boat journey. Bet Hong Kong will be a big change...I'm sure you are looking forward to your nice hotel. Let us know how it goes. It was brilliant to talk to you on Sunday, cant wait till you have skype with visual...take care and keep us posted. Imagine adventure 1 is nearly at an end...how time flies. love u P xx
11th November 2010
Franco's...dad and Priscilla 227

Ching Chong
You've changed Peter!!

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0592s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb