Grassoman in China


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
December 25th 2009
Published: December 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Merry Christmas to all!

I've been in Hong Kong for three days now, and beginning a fourth. This place is pretty magnificent. Me and Johnny went out to Central, the city center, yesterday with his group of friends and joined hordes of dolled up asian girls and rich locals and foreigners in the streets for a countdown to Christmas, while sipping on Heinekin and Tsingtao. Then we caught a burger at McDonalds, visited a "Canadian" bar and took the metro back to Tai Wai where Johhny lives.

The night before the same group all went a local bar and played Never Have I Ever while drinking huge mugs of Hoegaarden and Stella for like $56HK, which is about $7US. Not one of these Chinese dudes has eaten dog, and I've never lynched a black man.

Also, Johnny is a closet sexual pervert.

Sharon is still avoiding me.

For lunch yesterday we went to a local mall and met three of Johnny's high school friends. We ate the most awesome Thai food for like $6 again, then sat around for what must have been a couple hours talking about the things to do in Hong Kong, the clubbing scene, shopping, good places to eat, etc, before paying the bill and leaving. Then we went and hung out along a river for the rest of the day chilling and listening to music.

For dinner me and Johnny's family had hot pot, where you dip raw vegetables and meats into steaming water before eating it. It was awesomely good. Meanwhile my chopstick skills are getting better out of necessity. Johnny's parents both speak English, though not to each other. His dad works for the HK government and speaks very good English, whereas his Mom speaks less well. For the conversation I could understand we talked about the kinds of netbooks out there (since I am in the market for one of those) and where I can find a Bank of America ATM (no where)

The hot pot and various other foods have been generally disagreeing with my stomache and resorting to violence. Johnny's friend Gary calls it the Japanese flag.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0355s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb