Land of Buddha Grotto 1


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
August 2nd 2009
Published: August 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Look at the map, P voted for Dazu (@500m)Cave as it wasn't too far away. Why not then as I had never been there before. In fact...good direct bus went to Dazu from Zigong everyday, a 3 hrs journey on a good road help me sleep through the way into Chongqing region.
The Saturday Dazu was full with people, the walking street was lively lived, almost like in hongkong. The climate was too hot for me compared with my last 10 years life in highland. Sweat sweat & sweat.
The rock engraving in this region were mostly dated back to late Tang dynasty and the North Song period. And BaodingShan and BeiShan are the 2 main rock engraved site in Dazu, as there will be more engraving cave to visit later on, so I decided to skipped Beishan and chose to visited BaodingShan. It was the study and learning place for high-grade monks in ancient time to stay and practice here. And they created these cave engravings in different era. The 15km journey just a short bus ride away. Summer holiday together with Sunday crowd, people are everywhere. the 80 yuans you paid are for the site Dafowan. Most of the engraved are more than 900 years old, and many of them are huge and very impressive. All the scene were religious with buddhism story. But the most outstanding site, the Thousand Arms Guanyin was under construction. There are others temple or minor sight to visited as long as you willing to buy the entry.

Note
Bus Zigong to Dazu 42 yuans
Bus Dazu to Baodingshan 3 yuans
Ticket for Baodingshan 80. Ticket for Beishan 60. 1 ticket for both sites only 120 yuans.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0865s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb