Getting Ready for China


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
March 8th 2009
Published: March 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Trip Preparations...



Suitcases (light weight ones... not really the greatest quality but not overly expensive either) are bought and stored in the closet.
Passports have been in hand for weeks. VISAs are in process. Plane tickets are purchased and reservations all made... now it is just a matter of digging for information and trying to learn a smattering of Chinese... and waiting.

I remember going to the post office 18 months ago and seeing huge lines for the passport office there. Now, not so much. We went on a Friday afternoon and we only had to wait for one family. We didn't pay for faster service and we still had them back in 2 weeks. When they came, I immediately made copies of them and put them in my scrapbook. I've never done a scrapbook before and I'm finding that I love this one. It is nothing more than a leather bound journal but it is starting to really take shape.

Yesterday, sent for the VISAs. The application should be delivered to the processing company Tuesday morning, which means by Monday the 16th they should be back. Not too bad. Costs a fortune, but don't have the hassle of driving to the embassy twice and worrying about the paperwork not being right.


I can hardly wait

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb