Hong Kong, the story so far...


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
August 26th 2008
Published: August 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

FIrst of all i'd just like to say that I can't promise to keep up a day by day description but here is the story so far.

Friday: TYPHOON! i was probably in one of the last planes allowed to land at HK airport due to the typhoon which was a size 9 out of 10. Stayed indoors for most of the day.

Saturday: had a little explore of HK and did a bit of shopping. Had some really nice food for lunch and dinner.

Sunday: Saw a kung fu demonstration in Kowloon park and had dim sum for lunch which was very nice! then went to Mong Kok, a big market place and i bought a new wallet and a t-shirt. Also had a look at the Chunking Mansions where the film was set. It was a bit of a hole to be honest.

Monday: Lantau Island. Went on a cable car to the top where the largest sitting buddha statue in the world..sits. the views were amazing, photos to follow. then had dinner at a rather posh restaurant with one of my friends friends.

Tuesday: Went to stanley market - popular with tourists. visited tin hou temple and went on the beach. in the evening had a $400 fish from one of the tanks for dinner and went up the peak to get another amazing view of hong kong this time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



26th August 2008

its a hard life
We have all loved the photos. Don't worrk too hard will you !!!!!!! Speak soon, glad you are havin fun

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb