Maid saves the day.


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
November 9th 2005
Published: November 10th 2005
Edit Blog Post

dear blogging friends,

left China on sunday the 7th, 30 hours later we checked in to newark ramada inn on tuesday the 8th at 1:30 a.m. The housekeeping maid banged on the door and woke us up at an uncivilized hour or so we thought. we told her there was a do not disturb sign. we were shocked to see it was 12:30 p.m., half an hour beyond checkout time. no time to comb hair, brush teeth. off we sailed on the NJ Turnpike with cobwebs in our heads. first stop was a hike on the Appalachian Trail in Pawling. amazed to see fall colors hanging on and temp in low 60s. that cleared our heads as we had been sealed from the outside world for almost two days.

we've seen people sleeping in the airport and now can be counted among them. after being squashed like sardines on china eastern airline from shanghai to L.A., we spent some of our layover time to sleep stretched out and using our backpacks as pillows. we were not alone. got good roomy seats on continental for "short" flight across country. we can tell you how not to fly to China but we were at mercy of travel agency. all else was superb about trip. name of agency is odysseys unlimited (the small group travel experience).

jet lag caught up again. they say coming this direction is harder. i turned my days and nights upside down by rising at 6 a.m. on wed. morn, then sleeping from 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. so must stay up now until i get sleepy or else. off to work tomorrow so that will help me get in to a schedule. John was off to observe his "subs" teaching his classes so don't know if he will crash.

will send a few photos by way of blog at some point.
love,margi



Advertisement



10th November 2005

Home Sweet Home
Welcome back. I look forward to this summer when you can demonstrate all the Chinese you learned. How much did your suitcase weigh on the trip home? Is going to China a good way to lose weight or gain it? And pictures, we hope you took way too many so we can see them all. Best, Biff

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb